PGDM (Banking, Insurance, Finance and Allied Services)
PGDM in Banking and Finance is huge demand in the market but, to cover the other finance related topics we have come up with PGDM-BIFAAS program, which was introduced in the academic year 2007-08, is an umbrella course that encompasses various finance related areas of management. This specialization has a lot of scope in the market because FINANCE is a backbone of any organization and each and every organization runs with it to know the inflow and outflow of the money. Specialization in three major areas- Finance, Insurance & Banking- is offered under this course. It is a unique and highly specialized program that includes various diverse and contemporary topics such as Risk management in Banks, Technology management in Banks, Claims management in insurance, Actuarial science etc. The program also offers courses like Security analysis and portfolio management, Wealth management, Capital markets under Finance.
The Programme is designed under the overall direction of a high-level Academic Advisory Committee, details the contents of parallel programmes run by the best B-Schools national and international reputation within India and Abroad. The programme provides scholars to develop solid problem-solving and analytical skills with an ethical way of thinking. The programme aims to:
1. Empowers the participants to understands business challenges holistically.
2. Develop a recognition of the interface between financial analysis and other areas such as financial markets, economics, international finance, management, financial services, investments, and corporate planning to enable decision making.
3. Provide scholars with leading-edge technological skills in IT and other key functional areas.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management(Finance) is a two years full-time programme consists of six trimesters. The course structure has been designed to ensure that the management graduates of SSIM build a strong foundation on tools and techniques essential for business decisions. Also mastery of the financial situation around the world. Students will have almost 22 courses which cover Financial & Cost Accounting, Information Technology, Corporate Finance, Human Relations, Economics, Quantitative Techniques and interpersonal successful labs. Scholars will also have summer training at the end of the year.
As part of the course curriculum, every student will have 8-10 weeks of summer training after the third-trimester exams. Also, they will have a project assignment with a company. The project work helps them to have understanding practical liability and relate to the skills which they are acquired in. The project is analyzed by the faculty members of the institute and the experts from companies where the project was carried out. If the estimation falls below the expectation level, the student is not promoted to a further level.
PGDM Finance Syllabus
111. Management and Organizational behavior
112. Managerial Accounting
113. Business Statistics
114. Managerial Communication -1
(Business English, Business Communication, PD and BRS)
115. Financial System and Managerial Economics
121. Financial Management -1
122. Business environment and legal aspects of business
123. Operations research
124. Banking law and applications
125. Perspectives of risk and insurance
126. Managerial Communication –2
132. Management Information Systems
133. Credit appraisal and monitoring
134. Research methods
135. Principles and Practice of Life Insurance
136. Financial Management – II
211. Marketing Management
212. Personal financial planning and wealth management
213. Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
214. Risk, Treasury Management and International Banking
215. Principles and Practice of General Insurance
216. Management Accounting
217. Managerial Communication – 4
(GDPI,PD,CRT and HBRARS)
221. Investment Banking
222. Management of Financial Services and Retail Banking
224. Management of Insurance Operations
225. Capital Markets and Instruments
226. Financial Modeling
227. Managerial Communication – 5
(GDPI,PD,CRT and Group HBR CRS)
231. Project Management
232. International Financial Management
233. Strategic Management