The Growth Picture of the Institute:
The Siva Sivani Group has completed 56 Years of service in the cause of Education having established its first school in the year 1961. The Siva Sivani Institute of Management has been conducting Two year Full time Management courses since 1992 with the approval of AICTE. Today, it is one of the largest AICTE approved autonomous business schools in India with diversified and specialized full time management programs. The SSIM is consistently ranked among the top B-Schools in the country and occupies a place of prominence in the national scene with students from across the length and breadth of the country, resembling a mini India on its campus.
1. What are the Courses offered by SSIM?
1. PGDM – Triple specialization
2. PGDM – Banking, Insurance, Finance and Allied Services
3. PGDM – General
4. PGDM – Marketing
2. Are these programmes approved by AICTE?
Yes, all the programmes are approved by AICTE.
3. What is the Academic Infrastructure?
The institute is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities like LCD Projectors, Interactive Electronic Boards, etc. to provide quality education to the management students.
4. What are the salient features of SSIM?
- Rigorous Six Term, Two year Full-Time Courses.
- Innovative Pedagogic Practices.
- Excellent Placement track record.
- Excellent faculty with majority of them having corporate Experience.
- Each student gets a branded laptop and Textbooks.
- Active Alumni Network.
- International Study Tour / Internship (Optional) to provide international exposure.
- Option for Top-up MBA from Universities of US and Malaysia.
- Special exemption to CGMA program of CIMA UK.
5. What is the process of admission?
Admission process includes Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). A prospective student has to first register for the GD & PI.
To register online at www.ssim.ac.in, follow the “Online Registration”. Before going for the registration, keep the scanned copies of a Photograph, Marks memos of 10th, 12th and Graduation/Post Graduation ready.
Applicants are required to fill the complete application form and upload the copied of the certificates listed.
After the registration is completed applicants receive an E-mail with user id and password for accessing and completing their online application.
6. What are the various components and weight ages in the admission process?
|01||Scores of Aptitude Test (CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/GMAT)||50 marks|
|02||Academic Performance in Degree, 12th Standard and 10th Standard||10 marks|
|03||Work Experience||05 marks|
|04||Group Discussion||20 marks|
|05||Personal Interview||15 marks|
7. What is the procedure for registration?
a) For Application Fee by Credit Card/ Debit Card
After filling up the complete form, students need to make payment of Rs.1200 for the Registration which can be paid through Debit Card / Credit Card or Demand Draft.
On successful submission of the application and payment of fees, students can download the Admit Card for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
b) For Application Fee by Demand Draft
For making the payment of registration fees by Demand Draft,take a DD of Rs.1200 in favor of Siva Sivani Institute of Management, payable at Hyderabad/Secunderabad, fill the online application form on www.ssim.ac.in and then send the DD to the institute mentioning your name and ID generated during registration.
18. Is there any cut off for overall test score or individual sections of the test?
SSIM considers the aggregate scores(of all entrance exams) and doesn’t have separate sectional cut-offs when short-listing applicants. 50 percent weightage is given for the overall score in the admission process and the merit list is prepared considering score in Aptitude test, GD, PI, Academics and Work Experience.
19. How do I know more about CAT/XAT/GMAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA?
20. What are the Centers for GD and PI?
21. What is the total fee structure and mode of payment?
|1st Year||Admission Fees (At the time of Admission)||75,000/-|
|First Installment (by 21st June 2018)||1,00,000/-|
|Second Installment (by 21st August 2018)||1,00,000/-|
|Third Installment (by 21st October 2018)||75,000/-|
|2nd Year||Fourth Installment (by 21st June 2019)||1,00,000/-|
|Fifth Installment (by 21st August 2019)||1,00,000/-|
|Total (for 2 years)||5,50,000/-|
Total (for 2 years) RESIDENTIAL (HOSTEL & MESS) CHARGES
1st Year First Installment (by 21st June 2018 30,000/- Second Installment (by 21st August 2018) 30,000/- Third Installment (by 21st October 2018) 27,500/- 2nd Year Fourth Installment (by 21st June 2019) 43,750/- Fifth Installment (by 21st August 2019) 43,750/- Total (for 2 years) 1,75,000/-
- There are separate hostels for boys & girls inside the campus.
- Institute provides free Wi-Fi enabled laptop to all the students.
- Books for all the subjects will be issued ON RETURN basis.
- Business Suit will be provided to all the students.
- Transportation on Specified routes in the city will be provided at no extra cost
- International Assignment course in Malaysia (Optional and costs approx. Rs.85000/- which includes certification course fee, visa, travel, food, etc…)
- Certificate course in Business Analytics/Digital Marketing/Supply Chain
Management/Project Management from Manipal Pro-learn, ICFL on Stock Equity and CIMA – UK joint certification programme at subsidized cost
- Criteria “A” :Student/s having aggregate marks of85% or above in Class Xth, XIIth& Graduation, would be awarded a scholarship of Rs.40,000/-
- Criteria “B”
Percentile in the Entrance Tests would be eligible for Scholarships as stated below:
|CAT/XAT/GMAT||MAT Percentile||ATMA Percentile||CMAT Rank||SCHOLARSHIP|
|80 & Above||90 & Above||95 & Above||0001-500||Rs. 60,000|
|70 to 79||85 to 89||90 to 94||501-1500||Rs. 50,000|
|60 to 69||80 to 84||85 to 89||1501-2500||Rs. 40,000|
(Student will be offered the best option, if eligible for more than one Criterion)
(The Eligible Scholarship amount will be adjusted for International Assignment Programme only, the balance amount has to be borne by the student)
22. Is there a separate hostel for Boys and Girls?
Yes, there is.
23. How about the faculty at SSIM?
The SSIM, befitting to the top B-schools in Hyderabad, has highly experienced faculty members with a judicious mix from academia and industry and are also involved in research and consultancy. In addition to the full time faculty, the college gets support from the corporate professionals and experts.
24. What is the mode of curriculum delivery at SSIM?
The SSIM is a pioneer in designing and implementing an innovative teaching-learning methodology.
Curriculum for all the courses is well designed and as per the market demand with approval from the Academic Advisory Board that consists of representatives both from the industry and academia.
Enough attention is given to IT related courses including ERP. Additionally, there are innovative pedagogy practices such as Book Review Sessions, Article Review Sessions, Company Review Sessions, Current Business Trends, Case Studies, Live Projects, etc. Students are given industry interface with industrial visits, guest lectures from the industry, and rigorous industry internship
25. Are there any extra and co-curricular activities at the Institute?
The SSIM strongly believes in motivating the students to become leaders, by giving them ample opportunities to explore what they have within them. In order to provide such opportunities, the institute has designed various extra-curricular activities such as Sammelan (Intra collegiate meet), Samanvay (Intercollegiate Management Students meet), Sameeksha (Club Activities under HR, Finance, Marketing and Systems Clubs), Samaroh (National/International Seminar), etc., which also enable the students to understand the importance of coordination, teamwork, group dynamics, oneness etc.
26. How about Placements?
There is a full-fledged Placement department headed by Chairman Placements and ably assisted by Associate Chairperson, Trainers and Corporate Relationship Officers.
Some of the star recruiters in 2018 are Deloitte, Invesco, Vodafone, Berger Paints, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Tata Teleservices Ltd, Citi Union Bank, Capital-IQ, Franklin Templeton, IndusInd Bank, Cognizant, Future Group, etc.
27. Are there any tie-ups or Joint ventures or MOUs, etc., with other organisations?
A tie-up with institutions such as Herzing University (USA), University of Highlands and Islands, Scotland, Alliant International University, USA, Lincoln University College, Malaysia, CIMA, UK for CGMA Program.
Tied up with Manipal Pro-learn and ICICI Securities for Joint Certificate Course leading to placements.
28. What is the current standing / ranking of the Institute?
The SSIM is the largest AICTE approved Autonomous Business school in South India.
CAREERS 360 B-School Ratings 2016-17
- 34th in the Country among the Private Business Schools with a rating of AAA+
CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2018
- 1st amongst private B-Schools in Telangana
- 17th amongst Top B-Schools of Super Excellence
- 35th amongst private B-Schools in India
THE WEEK B-School Survey 2017
- 4th in Hyderabad
- 23rd among Private B-Schools in South Zone
MBA UNIVERSE & THE HINDU B-School Survey 2015
- 4th in the State of Telangana
29. Does SSIM have tie-up with banks for student loans?
30. Whom to contact for any clarifications on admissions?
|Mr.Arijit Santikary||Asst. Professor||9963713840|
|Mr.Subash Tej||Asst. Professor||9491548163|