A good management is the success of any organization. According to Mary Parker Follet “Management is the art of getting things done through people”. Management is necessary for organized activity and needed to run all types of management areas. Each and every organization such as political, business, social or culture and more involved in this management because management is the process of planning, organizing, directing and controlling to achieve organization goal. The responsibility of management to generate such conditions which are helpful to maximum achievement so that people are able to execute their business. So, let us know the various definitions on what is management?
Definition of Management By Various Authors
Views on the definition of management by many different management people in their own words as follows:
Ghislain Deslandes defines management as ”a vulnerable force, under pressure to achieve results and endowed with the triple power of constraint, imitation, and imagination, operating on subjective, interpersonal, institutional and environmental levels”.
Heri Fayol defined management as “to manage is to forecast and to plan, to organize, to command, to coordinate and to control”.
Peter Drucker defines management as “Nevertheless, innovation is also linked to marketing (product innovation is a central strategic marketing issue). Peter Drucker identifies marketing as a key essence for business success, but management and marketing are generally understood as two different branches of business administration knowledge”.
Fredman Malik defines management as “the transformation of resources into utility”.
Mary Parker Follett defined management as “ the art of getting things done through people”. She defined management as a philosophy.
Great Leaders have powers of observation, obedience, honesty, daring and focus on the capability to plan important and organize cooperation among the teams. Leadership is an essential part of management and plays an important role in managerial operations. Whereas management is an integral fundamental of technical as well as social operations. The analyzing of management in a well-ordered and technical way as a well-defined body of knowledge.
THE CONCEPT OF MANAGEMENT
Management is a multifunction structure that manages a business. Which also manages managers, workers, and work. Management is a category of individual knowledge from different sections like psychology, social science, economics, and other professional training. Management is the well-defined process consisting of planning and controlling to decide and to achieve the targets by the use of people an sources.
BASICS OF MANAGEMENT
According to Henri Fayol, management handle through five basics of management:
1. Planning: Is the process of thinking about the actions required to gain the required target.
2. Organizing: Arranging human, physical and financial resources are put into places.
3. Coordinating: Is the combination, union, integrations of a group of people provide unity of action to reach common goals.
4. Commanding: Deciding what should be done in the situation and telling people to do it.
5. Controlling: Supervising improvement against plans.
BASIC MANAGEMENT ROLES
1. Informational: Roles that associate distribution, supervision and analyzing information.
2. InterPersonal: Roles that connect interaction and coordination with the staff members.
3. Decision: Roles that need decision-making.
Management skills consist of:
1. Leadership: The capability to lead and provide directions to a particular group.
2. Technical: expertise in one specific functional area.
3. Political: Used to find and understand what people need and making familiar with them.
4. Conceptual: Used to figure out complex situations.
5. Interpersonal: Used to interact, guide, delegate and motivate.
6. Diagnostic: Capability to visualize suitable response to a situation.
7. Behavioral: Attention to others.
LEVELS OF MANAGEMENT
Most of the organizations have three levels of management:
1. First level
2. Middle level
3. Top level
1. First Level Managers: First line managers are the lowest level of management who manages the work of non- managerial employees. They are directly involved with the manufacturing of organization products. These managers are usually called as supervisors, and also called as line managers, office managers, and foremen.
2. Middle-level Managers: Middle-level managers covers management between the first level and top level of organization. These managers manage the work of first level managers and they are called as division manager, project manager, department head and plant manager.
3. Top Level Managers: An organization consisting of top-level management which is made up of senior-level executives. They are responsible for making wise decisions for organizations and starts new plans and goals that influence the entire organization.
Women constitute 48.5% of the population in India. The labor force participation rate…
“The lack of money, the root of all evil”- Mark Twain Introduction to…
10 popular courses after 12th that you need to know After completion of…