Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. ~ William Penn
Introduction to Time Management
There are plenty of wise quotes on time available all over the internet, why not, when the significance of it is nothing less than the mere existence of life. It is a known measure for expressing duration and is defined by the oscillations of the cesium atom. Science fictions have confused us enough on the existence of time and how it is the most significant of universal factors to be conscious of! Here are the time management tips i.e how to plan accordingly based on your time.
Many life coaches advise on managing only one factor that can significantly impact and align the rest of your life forces together and that is TIME. Organizing and managing this factor called time can help you manage your health, wealth, and success. No matter how much we have laid emphasis on this factor called time, there is always more to look into and learn.
In this article, we will delve deeper into the top five basic steps to “keep a watch” of the life-supporting factor time.
5 Best Time Management Tips For Everyone
1. Assess the availability: Assess your daily bandwidth, the time available at your hand for your daily routine—Sleep, personal hygiene, eat, commute, and work/school/college etc., It is important you understand and assess how much time each and every activity takes to accomplish and also the time that you are left with. Now in the available free time, analyze how best can utilize for your personal growth. If you are a student, this can be invested in reading your subject books along with developing a skill that will help you to focus and organize better. Be it investing in a sport or learning technology or a tool that will improve your chances of scoring a job you wish for.
2. Have an organization plan: Everyone is unique and so is their way of working around things, so you are the best person to judge what kind of organization plan fits your bill. If you are a person who likes to plan long-term, create segments of shorter tasks that will help you achieve your long-term goal. If you like tackling one day at a time, divide your 24 hours and prioritize the day’s event and tackle the most important tasks first. Based on your own personal way of working on things, create a plan for yourself that you want to stick by.
3. Order the tasks: When you understand the tasks that need to be accomplished in a given period, try to give a sequence to your story of chores. Get clarity on what is a priority and how do you want to achieve it. You can use Priority matrix to get to this phase of ordering your tasks;
4. Create a check-list: Once the order is defined, for every individual task you can create a check-list of steps that you need to complete. Check-list also helps you keep a tab on what are the tasks you have finished and what else needs your attention, it is a cool way to keep you on your toes. Have this checklist always handy or in a place where you can always have a view of the list. There are several apps available on e-stores that help you stay sorted in this effort.
5. Create a creative calendar: People make plans and never go back to it, thanks to a common human trait—procrastination. So, make an effort to create a calendar that you will love to go back to like a colorful vision board, cool time liners, e-calendar, interactive voice assistant reminders etc., There are a truckload of options available on the internet that can help you create a calendar that you will love to keep a track of.
Occasionally, take time to go back and review your progress, these check-points help you stay on your path of advancement. Hustling and running parallel with time is important but it is also important that you take time to break and breath. Having these logical pauses is important to regain the focus on your goals, think afresh of your agenda, and gives you the strength to keep at it. These are a few of the basics that you need to take care of to get right with your time management skills. Let us know if you find this article helpful and if you have any tips that you follow for managing your time efficiently.
General introduction to data analyst When we wanted to gather material for this…
Making Management in VUCA World (Published in Hindu Education Plus) Never in the…
Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. ~ William…