An Office Boy- Turned Into Entrepreneur (Investment with 1K)
Yes an office boy turned into an entrepreneur.
It’s just unbelievable right..!
Or else just read from the first line of the story.
He started with an investment of 1K and owns a company of Rs 3c. In the year 1992 Muthukumar graduated from a physics degree. After completion of his education he is unable to get a job for his qualification. So, he joined as an office boy in printing press.
After 6 months he quit his job and started his own company with a name- Printfaast with an investment of 1,000/- at sister’s house. For the first three years he struggled a lot and faced many challenges as the investment was very less.
“I learnt screen printing and started a printing press while staying at my sister’s house. Initially, I only invested Rs 1,000 in it. It was very difficult for the first three years, with many challenges.”
Journey of Printfaast:
Printfaast established in the year 1992 at Chennai, Tamil Nadu an ISO 9001-2015 certified company and comes under sole proprietorship. The manufacturing units of Printfaast are equipped with world-class technologies and high-end equipment. The main objective of the company is to provide the best quality where quality remains high preferable.
“I keep updating myself to keep up with the changing times. Be it the software, technology, or the printing tools used, I adopt new technologies when they are required.”
Business Type: Manufacturer
Year of establishment: 1992
Company CEO: Muthu Kumar A T
Type of ownership: Sole Proprietorship
Annual Turnover: 2-5 Crore
Company USP (Quality Measures/ Testing Facilities): Yes
Additional Business: Service Provider
Infrastructure of the company:
As it is a manufacturer company infrastructure plays an important role. As the coming is growing a special concentration took by the company as the product is manufactured and it has to be delivered in time by ensuring quality. For the smooth flow of the business they upgrade and install equipment on regular basis. As they occupied huge land they have segregated into various departments to run the business in a hassle-free manner. The departments are as follows:
- Creative Designing
- Quality Testing
- R & D
Products and Services: They have portfolio of services which they offer based on the requirement from the client.
1. Design Services: Design services such as logo design, corporate identity design( logo, letterhead, business card, envelopes, ID cards), brochures/ flyers/ catalog design(per page), package design, backdrop design, Kiosk design, poster design, labels or sticker design, desktop calendar design and diaries by keeping the quality in their minds.
“As diaries carry dates, 40–60 percent of them go unused, according to a research. It takes 4–6 trees to make one diary. So in order to not waste too many trees for pages that go unused, we make diaries without dates.”
2. Corporate Branding: They usually cover pull up standees, LED sign board, digital banners(regular quality and premium quality), digital sign board, sunpack flute board multicolor and vinyl sticker.
3. Marketing Materials: Marketing Materials such as brochure/ catalog, booklet, posters, flyers & leaflets and menu cards.
4. Visiting cards:
A. Single side visiting card (regular and premium quality)
B. Double side visiting card (regular and premium quality)
C. Special quality cards (single side and double side)
5. Stationery: Items such as visiting cards, letterhead, envelopes, scribbling pad, notebook, bill book, ID cards and ID lanyards.
1. Balu Jewellers
2. Gold Earth Properties
3. Senthil Pipes
4. TVS Logistics
5. Wisdom School
6. Sree Builders
7. Ottanchathiram Fruis & Vegetables
8. Lakshmi Aircon
9. Ace Events
Muthukumar plans to expand his business by giving employment opportunities to others and at the same time to increase the company’s net worth in the near future.