MAT 2020 Exam Notification Details
Management Aptitude Test or MAT is a national level management entrance exam which is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). Across India, more than 600 B-Schools accept MAT score. Annually MAT is conducted four times a year i.e in the month of February, May, September and December; both online (paper-based test or PBT) and offline (computer-based test or CBT) modes and the examination are conducted only in English. Candidates can either select the test mode as per the convenience. The MAT score is an admission entry level for top B-Schools, Management colleges and other reputed institutions.
Level of Exam: National
Name of the exam: MAT
Purpose: Entry level examination for admissions
Board: All India Management Association (AIMA)
No. of colleges/institutions participating: 228
MAT 2020 Exam Dates:
|S.No||Month||Date of Exam|
|01||MAT 2020 (February Session)||16-FEB-2020 (PBT)
|02||MAT 2020 (May Session)|
|03||MAT 2020 (September Session)|
|04||MAT 2020 (December Session)|
Note 1: Paper Based Test Schedule Details
A. Last date for PBT online registration is on 09-Feb-2020 (Sunday)
B. Availability of PBT admit cards 11-Feb-2020 (1600 hrs)
C. PBT Exam date: 16-Feb-2020 (Sunday)
Note 2: Computer Based Test Schedule Details
A. Last date for CBT online registration is on 26-Jan-2020 (Sunday)
B. Availability of CBT admit cards 28-Jan-2020 (1600 hrs)
C. CBT Exam date: 02-Feb-2020 (Sunday)
MAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for MAT 2020 is prescribed by AIMA.
1. Candidate should have a minimum graduation degree from a well-reputed institute or a college to apply for the exam.
2. The final year students can also apply for the exam.
3. No age limit to appear for the MAT exam.
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
MAT exam covers five sections; each section covers 40 objective type questions and for each section, the time is allocated differently. The total time allocated is 2 hours 30 minutes to answer 200 questions. Each question carries one mark and for four incorrect answers, one mark is deducted. Also, know how to crack the mat exam.
MAT 2020 Exam Overview:
|S.No||Section||No. of questions||Duration (mins)|
|01||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|03||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|05||Indian & Global Environment||40||15|
MAT 2020 Syllabus:
The detailed MAT 2020 syllabus is given below:
1. Data Analysis and Sufficiency– Graphs, Charts, Bar Graphs, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Tables etc.
2. Language Comprehension– Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Verbal Reasoning, Analogies, Odd man out, Antonyms, Idioms etc.
3. Intelligence and Critical Reasoning– Mathematical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Coding and Decoding, Family Tree, Effect and Cause, Sequencing etc.
4. Mathematical Skills– Geometry, Number System, Functions, Date and Time, Progression, Algebra, Averages, Ratio and Proportions etc.
5. Indian and Global Environment– Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Geography, History, Sports, Entertainment, Politics, Science, Awards, Business etc.
MAT 2020 Fee Details:
The MAT exam fee is prescribed by AIMA i.e 1550/- either for paper-based or computer-based MAR exam(inclusive of GST). To apply for both MAT exams an additional amount of Rs.1100/- is to be paid. The MAT exam fee includes the MAT registration fee and MAT application fee. The fee for MAT 2020 can be paid in three modes i.e online, by DD or in cash.
MAT 2020 Online Registration:
To register for the MAT exam the candidate has to fill Name, Email ID, Date of Birth and a valid mobile number. After the registration is completed the candidate has to go for the second step. They need to fill the important details, upload photo and signature.
The fees payment details are:
1. For PBT or CBT, the exam fee is 1550/-
2. For both PBT and CBT, the exam fee is 2650/-
MAT 2020 Exam Centers:
MAT 2020 exam is held in more than 50 centers. Most of the centers will conduct a paper-based test. Whereas the computer-based test will be held at only selected centers.
The MAT 2020 exams are held in the following cities/states: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, J&K, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Tripura, UP, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.