How to prepare for CMAT exam
CMAT entrance exam is a computer-based management entrance test, held at national-level and conducted by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). This scorecard is accepted by all AICTE approved colleges or universities or autonomous bodies (SSIM is one among those and offers triple specialization) to get admission in MBA or PGDM programs. It is a single session exam to evaluate candidates ability in various segments such as quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, language comprehension and general awareness.
First, let us discuss general tips to crack CMAT exam and then we shall discuss topic wise tips on how to prepare for CMAT exam.
General tips to crack CMAT exam:
1. The first and the foremost thing to crack any competitive exam is to believe in yourself. Based on your strengths boost up your confidence levels.
2. The only success to achieve the exam is practicing a lot and do a quick revision on all the topics which you are well aware to get a good score. Don’t try to perform experiments by practicing new models.
3. If you are confident enough try to attempt the free online mock test and analyze your performance level.
4. When you undergo more mock tests you will be habituated of choosing the right answer in your own method and you can save your time for difficult questions.
5. In the examination, one must read the question very carefully because students who undergo various mock tests have a habit of marking the option without reading the complete question.
6. Don’t stick to one question, just skip the question and move on because time is an important parameter.
7. To score well in general awareness section one has to spend at least 2-3 hours on current affairs (which needs to cover various sections).
8. Identify your weak areas and concentrate more on it.
Section wise preparation tips to crack CMAT exam:
The sections which are covered in the CMAT exam are:
1. Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
2. Logical Reasoning
3. Language Comprehension
4. General Awareness
I. Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
1. The main objective of this section is to test your mathematical skills in various areas such as arithmetic, algebra and geometry (cover all the sub-topics).
2. Select the topics which you are weak and spend a lot of time. Just keep on practicing to increase your speed and accuracy will solving the problems.
3. Try to concentrate and depend on shortcut tricks to solve the problems quickly and save your valuable time.
4. If you got stuck while solving the problem just skip and move on to the next question.
5. The objective of the data interpretation section is the ability to interpret data which is presented in tables, graphs and charts. It involves analysis or decision-making based on the numerical data.
II. Logical Reasoning
1. The main objective of this section is to test the aspirant’s logical way of thinking. If you think in a smart way one can score well.
2. While practicing this kind of problems, candidates have to solve different type of difficulty level problems with speed and accuracy.
3. The logical reasoning for CMAT covers statement and argument, blood relation, statement and conclusion, coding and decoding, statement and assumptions, number series and analogies. Have a quick revision to score well in this section.
III. Language Comprehension
The language comprehension for CMAT covers various types of questions such as para jumbled, reading comprehension, sentence completion, idioms and phrases, one-word substitution and synonym and antonym.
So, to cover all these types of question regularly one has to read different articles, novels, books which is of your own interest and choice.
4. General Awareness
1. Have a quick look on understanding the recent government schemes in the areas of the economy, environmental issues, news related to finance, sports, politics, social issues, major corporate events, famous awards, world records and international news.
2. Just focus on the famous and trending topics because most questions are asked from recent news or updates. So, daily spend some time on newspaper or else watch news or videos on youtube which would be remembered for a long period.
Making Management in VUCA World (Published in Hindu Education Plus) Never in the…
Management Skills: How can you build your own? A recent Gallup’s study states that 82%…
Scope & its career opportunities in PGDM Entrepreneurship Development In today’s world, we…