CMAT 2020 Exam Details
CMAT 2020 is a national-level computer based entrance exam which is conducted by AICTE (every year) as per the directions of MHRD, Government of India. The objective of the exam is to screen the applicants based upon the requirement and the duration of the exam is three hours. These scores are valid for one year and accepted by over 1000 B-Schools that are approved by AICTE. The exam has four sections: Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness, and Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation.
Overview of CMAT exam:
Exam Name: Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
Mode of exam: Computer-based
Duration of the exam: 3 hours
Purpose: Admission to all AICTE approved colleges/ autonomous bodies
Frequency of the test and Score valid: One year
CMAT 2020 Syllabus:
As of now, there is no prescribed syllabus released by the conducting board. Candidates who are preparing for CMAT exam has to prepare for each and every topic.
1. Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation Section: For this section, the topics which you need to cover are ratio & proportion, algebra, simple & compound interest, work & time, probability, Mensuration, etc.
2. Logical Reasoning Section: For this section, the topics which you need to cover are cause and effects, sequencing, ranking tests, linear arrangements, number series, coding & decoding, etc.
3. Language Comprehension Section: For this section, the topics which you need to cover are synonyms & antonyms, sentence correction, idioms & phrases, grammar, one-word substitution, paragraph completion, etc.
4. General Awareness: For this section, one has to go through current affairs, history, economics, sports, political issues, recent important days, etc.
Important Note: From the above topics, questions are asked every year in the exam and at the same time candidates have to cover the remaining topics as well.
CMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for CMAT is prescribed by the conducting body i.e AICTE.
Age: There is no age limit to register for the exam but the candidate has to be an Indian citizen.
Qualification: The candidate has to hold a minimum bachelor’s degree from a reputed college. For general category, applicants must obtain a minimum 50% at graduation level and for SC/ST applicants must have 45%. Even final year students can also apply for the exam.
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
The CMAT exam pattern consists of four sections in which an equal number of questions are stated. The total number of questions is 100 and for each section 25 questions are assigned. All the questions are multiple choice questions (MCQ’s) and the duration of the exam is 3 hours. For each correct answer, four marks will be allotted and for each wrong answer. The sections are Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness, and Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation.
|S.No||Section||No. of questions||Marks|
|01||Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2020 Exam Analysis:
CMAT exam analysis will vary from year-to-year depending on the question paper (which section is easy and which section is tough to score), a number of applications received and a number of students appeared for the exam. But the exam pattern will be the same.
CMAT 2020 application form:
The CMAT application form is available online only. The candidates have to fill the details pertaining to personal, professional and academic life. This is a three-step process which includes online registration, payment and filling the form. During the time of filling the form, the applicants have to select the exam date and more than three preferred locations. Based upon the first come first served candidates will be allocated to exam dates and centers.
CMAT application fee:
The CMAT application fee varies based on the category i.e for general/OBC the application fee is 1400/- and for SC/ST/PWD/Female the application fee is 700/-. The payment can be done in three modes
1. Cash deposit at SBI Bank
2. Debit/ Credit Card
CMAT 2020 Participating Institutions:
1. Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi
2. Acharya Bangalore Business School, Bangalore
3. Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
4. Pune University MBA (PUMBA) Department of Management Sciences
5. Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business (IISWBM), Kolkata
6. Doon Business School, Dehradun
7. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
8. Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bangalore
9. Future Business School, Kolkata
10. Sydenham Institute of Management Studies Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE) Mumbai
CMAT Exam centers:
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Allahabad, Mohali, Amravati, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Bhuj, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dhule, Davangere, Dehradun, Delhi, Gulbarga, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Ghaziabad, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Srinagar, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Visakhapatnam